Survey: Has COVID19 changed your visual art enjoyment habits?
- Survey link – English
- Survey link – French
We want to understand how art enthusiasts have been interacting with visual art and artists during COVID19. This survey, launched June 8, 2020, was developed by a group of Vancouver Island arts councils (see next accordion), and will contribute to emerging knowledge about how new, isolation-inspired habits might influence future art audiences and marketplaces.
The survey is part of a two-year pilot project to identify new ways to connect audiences with the visual arts, funded in early March by the Canada Council for the Arts’ Digital Strategy Fund.
Our findings will be made publicly available on this website, in support of the visual arts community’s rebuilding efforts.
Pilot project grant: Canada Council for the Arts (March 2020 to Dec 2021)
In March 2020, we received a grant from the Canada Council for the Arts Digital Strategy fund to continue our explorations of new ways to connect art lovers with art. We’re now embarking on a two-year pilot project, with the goal of building an app/digital platform that embeds visual art into every day life, and expands opportunities for audiences to connect with art and artist. Click on the accordion below to learn about our project team. Questions? Please contact project lead Jenny Farkas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our project team and service providers
Our power-packed team includes visual artists, strategic marketing experts, and digital/print advertising and search engine optimization specialists.
Visual artist Jenny Farkas is the creator of artfinds.me. And for the past 20 years she has also been the Content Director at Taiji Brand Group.
Arts Councils Advisory Committee
- Kathy Holmes and Ora Steyn, Arts Council of Ladysmith and District
- Kera McHugh, Comox Valley Arts
- Janet Magdanz, Cowichan Valley Arts Council
- Carol Fergusson, Gabriola Arts Council
- Logan Ford, Jason Guille and Nev Gibson Victoria Arts Promotion and Preservation Society
- Kirsten Schrader and Ashley Foot, Arts and Culture, Cowichan Valley Regional District
Technical Advisory Committee
- Mike Hallatt, Lead Programmer
- Nev Gibson, Indivision
- Zachariah Crow, Taiji Brand Group
- Keith Farkas, VMWare
Marketing Advisory Committee
- Caroll Taiji and Nik West, Taiji Brand Group
- Margaret Lam and Amine El, Octagram
- Jenifer Chilcott, Farris Law
- Steve Hutchison, Treehouse Media
- Sonia Isaacson, Summit Bookkeeping Services
In 2019 we partnered with The Print Lab for our art reproductions. Owner Terry Zlot has over 20 years of printing experience in the photographic and art production markets. Not only will your prints be produced right here in Victoria, but every print will be of the highest standard.
We also collaborate with economic development associations, arts councils and art schools.
Questions? Email Jenny at email@example.com
Go where artists go. Discover stunning art.